Scotland, United Kingdom
1. What first attracted you to choose the University of Stirling to study your course?
I was selected by my employer who covered the cost of my course fees – consequently it was not my decision. However, having studied there between September and May, I am delighted that that was the chosen location.
2. What are the benefits you found as a result of studying at Stirling?
Wonderful location and setting – reasonably handy location for travel from home, excellent, knowledgeable academic staff and fabulous use of various resources available.
3. What specific feature(s) did you like most about the course?
The combination of lectures and workshops / seminars. Theory and practice is, in my opinion, the most potent form of learning.
4. What advice would you give to prospective students who are considering coming to Stirling?
Definitely proceed – for all the reasons advanced above. I have absolutely no regret whatsoever.
6. Are you currently employed? If so, please tell us what impact you think your studies have had on your career?
Yes – I teach full-time in FE and part-time at HE. A considerable amount of what I learned in my time at Stirling I integrate into my daily lectures.
7. Is there anything else you would like to add?
All in all, a truly wonderful experience. Excellent teaching and leadership and I am so glad I attended.