Change of circumstances

If your circumstances change while The Home Office (UK Visas and Immigration) are considering your Tier 4 application or while you are studying at the University of Stirling as a Tier 4 student, you are required to notify the Home Office.

You need to notify the Home Office if any of the changes below apply to you:

  • changes in your personal details
  • criminal convictions that you have not previously told the Home Office about
  • changes in your contact details
  • changes in your representative's details
  • changes in your family members' details, if they are in the UK as your dependants and
  • any other information that you think the Home Office should know about.

Please go to

Use the online form to update your address or your legal representative’s address.

Click on ‘next’ then click on ‘myself’ and then complete all the details marked with a red asterisk and submit the form

Please go to

If you already have a valid BRP then download the change of circumstances form (form MCC). Send it to the address on the form.

Send your new address to or the following address.

Returns Unit,
PO Box 163,
BS20 1AB

You must immediately report any changes to your:

  • name (eg because you’ve got married)
  • gender
  • nationality
  • facial appearance
  • date of birth (eg because it was incorrect)

You must apply for a new BRP within 3 months. You may be fined up to £1,000 or have your stay shortened if you don’t.

For the form, please visit

You must report any changes to your:

  • personal details (eg name or contact details)
  • legal representative’s details
  • dependant family members’ details
  • circumstances (eg a criminal conviction, a relationship breakdown)

For the form, please visit

You do not need to let the Home Office know if you transfer to another programme of study at the University of Stirling unless your new programme of study is shorter than your original programme. If your programme is shorter, you should email

If you transfer to another University, you must notify and we will notify the Home Office on your behalf.