From 14 September, the Library will be fully open to staff and students. At this time we are not able to accommodate visitors or externals.
Access to the building will be quite different however.
Walk in access is available for some services
Level 2 (entry level) is partially open to allow access to:
- The Click and Collect service to pick up reserved books and the Self Service devices to check out/return books. Find the item you want on the library catalogue then click the link in the record to request it.
- Short loan collection
- Library catalogue terminals near the entrance
- Wi-Fi Wizard appointments – these must be booked in advance
- Face-to-face library and IT support is available at the Information Centre for essential or urgent enquiries. The fastest way to get support is through our digital channels where our team of remotely based staff are ready to assist you – so that’s through Unidesk self service portal, via live chat (on your portal), or by email at… firstname.lastname@example.org (IT) or email@example.com (Library)
We may need to limit access to level 2 from time to time in order to ensure minimum social distancing requirements can be met, which could require you to wait before being allowed into the library. Note, if you have a pre-booked study space or wifi wizard appointment, you should present at the front of any queue with your booking details so that you can be given entry.
Study seats now have to be booked
The Library study spaces have been socially distanced to give you a safe place to work. All available Library Seats are now bookable. The new booking system includes the option to select a study space, a study space with a computer or an informal study space (e.g. sofa space)
All Library study spaces are for solo study – there are no group study facilities. We encourage you to use MS Teams for group meetings.
- face masks are mandatory in the Library building unless you are exempted under Government legislation
- Hand sanitisers have been installed throughout the building – you must sanitise your hands on entering the library
- Visitors studying in the library are required to wipe down desk surfaces, keyboards and mice before and after use using the antibacterial wipes provided
- service points now have a perspex shield to protect staff and customers
- Please observe social distancing within the library and respect other library users
- All toilets are open for single person use, please use the ‘engaged/vacant’ slider as you enter and leave the toilet to indicate to others when it’s in use
Our Archives Reading Room is open. Find out how to book an appointment and plan your visit.