Professional Doctorate Data Science
The first industrial doctorate of its kind will equip you with interdisciplinary research and practical skills for a job in data science or data analytics.
- Award PhD
- Start date February 2021, September 2021, January 2022
- Duration Doctorate full-time: 36 months, Doctorate part-time: 72 months
- Mode of study Part-time, Full-time, Campus based, Stand-alone modules
Our Professional Doctorate in Data Science is the first industrial doctorate of its kind, and is supported by The Data Lab.
We build on Stirling’s highly successful taught MSc Data Science to equip you with a range of cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research and practical skills and tools, that will lead to an academic or industry job in data science or data analytics.
In addition to enhancing students’ employability through work-based learning, the doctorate prepares you to undertake interdisciplinary Data Science research, jointly supervised by world-leading Stirling academics and Data Science industry experts.
This professional/industrial doctorate is designed to:
- Equip professionals with the required multi-disciplinary skills, and underlying theoretical, practical and transferable knowledge, to undertake practitioner-oriented, impact-led research in data science
- Give sound training in relevant practical, investigative, analytical and generic skills required for research in the area of data science
- Experience of data science challenges and applications in a wide range of areas, such as business, healthcare and scientific disciplines
- Provide the opportunity to plan, undertake and prepare publication quality research
If you are interested in studying a module from this course, the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma then please email email@example.com to discuss your course of study.
If you’re interested in studying a module from this course, the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma then please email Graduate Admissions to discuss your course of study.