Pre-sessional English language courses
Our pre-sessional English courses are designed to improve your English language skills to the level required by your chosen degree at Stirling. The courses are delivered in partnership with global education leader, INTO University of Stirling.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the University has withdrawn all on-campus pre-sessional English courses for summer 2020.
You can now study your Pre-sessional English course entirely online.
The online courses have been designed by our expert partners at INTO University of Stirling to provide the same high-quality level of teaching and student support as the on-campus courses. We have also reduced our fees for the online courses.
As the pre-sessional English language course is taught online, you will not need a Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS) or a Tier 4 (General) Visa as you will not be required to travel and can take the course from the comfort of your home.
Our range of courses
Dates and fees
Check the table below for important information.
|Course||Term dates||Online fees||Booking deadline|
|12-week||6 July – 25 September 2020||£3,500||29 June 2020|
|8-week||3 August – 25 September 2020||£2,000||27 July 2020|
|10-week||12 October - 18 December 2020||£2,800||5 October 2020|
- 20 learning hours delivered per week for the 12-week and 8-week courses. 25 learning hours per week for the 10-week course.
- Half of the teaching will be delivered live through a state-of-the-art virtual classroom, enabling students to engage with other students and with the lecturer.
- Live virtual classroom sessions will be delivered within the hours of 8:30 and 13:00 GMT.
- Classes are delivered by experienced and qualified English language teaching staff.
Students will have a number of formative tests over the course and a final summative assessment at the end of the programme.
Accessing course content
The course will be accessed through INTO University of Stirling’s online learning platform and live virtual classroom technology.
As we approach the start date for your course, you will be sent an email with a unique link and instructions on how to join.
Equipment needed for the course
To ensure that you can fully participate, it is essential that you have:
- a desktop or laptop computer
- good quality headphones and microphone
- a web camera
- a reliable internet connection
How to apply
If you have already applied for a course and have received an offer from the University of Stirling, you can apply for our online Pre-sessional English language course via our portal.
Want to find out more?
Find out more about studying at Stirling or our pre-sessional English courses.