Students can study a 10-week or 6-week online course.
The online courses have been designed by our expert partners at INTO University of Stirling to provide the same high-quality level of teaching and student support as the on-campus courses.
10-week pre-sessional English course (online)
Designed to improve your IELTS score by 1.0 in one or more skills.
- Dates: 17 June to 23 August 2024 / 30 September 2024 to 13 December 2024.
- Entry requirements: The course is suitable for students with current IELTS levels between 5.0 and 6.5. See the English language tests the University accepts.
- Fees: £3,760.
- Application deadlines: 3 June 2024 / 16 September 2024.
Online course features
- 25 learning hours delivered per week for the 12-week and 8-week online courses.
- Half of the teaching will be delivered live through a state-of-the-art virtual classroom, enabling students to engage with other students and with the lecturer.
- Live virtual classroom sessions will be delivered Monday to Friday between 08:30-13:00 (typically between the hours of 9:30 and 12:00 GMT).
- Classes are delivered by experienced and qualified English language teaching staff.
- Classes will include lectures, interactive quizzes, video, group projects, presentations and writing practice.
- Students will develop and enhance their skills in listening, speaking, reading, writing, research and presentation.
- Students will be able to balance their study time between live virtual classroom sessions, self-study and group work with fellow students.
- An IELTS equivalent score at the end of the course.
Online course assessment
Students will have a number of formative tests over the course and a final assessment at the end of the programme.
Accessing online course content
The course will be accessed through INTO University of Stirling’s online learning platform and live virtual classroom technology.
As we approach the start date for your course, you will be sent an email with a unique link and instructions on how to join.
Equipment needed for the online course
To ensure that you can fully participate, it is essential that you have:
- a desktop or laptop computer;
- good quality headphones and microphone;
- a web camera;
- a reliable internet connection.