Students can study a 12-week or 8-week online course.
The online courses have been designed by our expert partners at INTO University of Stirling to provide the same high-quality level of teaching and student support as the on-campus courses.
12-week pre-sessional English course (online)
Designed to improve your IELTS score by 1.0 in one or more skills.
Our 12-week course is available to study from 3 June 2024 to 23 August 2024 for a September 2024 start, and from 30 September 2024 to 27 December 2024 for a January 2025 start.
- Entry requirements: The course is suitable for students with current overall IELTS levels between 5.0 and 6.5. See the English language tests the University accepts.
- Fees: £4,500.
- Application deadlines: For the 3 June entry, the application deadline is 27 May 2024. For the 30 September entry, the application deadline is 16 September 2024.
Online course features
- 25 learning hours delivered per week for the 12-week and 8-week online courses.
- Half of the teaching will be delivered live through a state-of-the-art virtual classroom, enabling students to engage with other students and with the lecturer.
- Live virtual classroom sessions will be delivered Monday to Friday between 08:30-13:00 (typically between the hours of 9:30 and 12:00 GMT).
- Classes are delivered by experienced and qualified English language teaching staff.
- Classes will include discussions, interactive quizzes, video, group projects, presentations and writing practice.
- Students will develop and enhance their skills in listening, speaking, reading, writing, research and presentation.
- Students will be able to balance their study time between live virtual classroom sessions, self-study and group work with fellow students.
Online course assessment
Students will have a number of formative tests over the course and a final assessment at the end of the programme. An IELTS equivalent score will be achieved at the end of the course.
Accessing online course content
The course will be accessed through INTO University of Stirling’s online learning platform and live virtual classroom technology.
As we approach the start date for your course, you will be sent an email with a unique link and instructions on how to join.
Equipment needed for the online course
To ensure that you can fully participate, it is essential that you have:
- a desktop or laptop computer;
- good quality headphones and microphone;
- a web camera;
- a reliable internet connection.