MSc Data Science for Business (Online)
Study online and gain the skills and knowledge needed for a successful career in roles requiring data driven decision making and analytical acumen.
- Award Masters / MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate
- Start date October 2021, February 2022, May 2022, October 2022, February 2023, May 2023
- Duration MSc part-time: 24 months
- Mode of study Online, Part-time, Stand-alone modules
Take your place at the cutting edge of today’s evolving business landscape with our online MSc in Data Science for Business.
The course equips you to become a data-driven leader against a backdrop of rapid change, in which businesses are increasingly relying on big data to make their most important decisions. Globally, the demand for data scientists has grown at a faster rate than supply – with a 344% increase in job postings in the field since 2013 (Indeed, 2019). Yet 77% of companies say it’s difficult to recruit people with the big data skills they need. By studying our online Masters, you’ll be perfectly positioned to meet this growing demand.
As you progress on the course, you’ll develop highly sought-after skills, including:
- An understanding of the industrial and scientific relevance of analytics
- The ability to apply data-led insights in strategic decision-making
- Business acumen and advanced management know-how
Real-world case studies and a focus on current business issues give you the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the use of data analytics in solving the challenges you'll encounter in the workplace.
The entire course is studied online, enabling you to fit your studies around personal and professional demands. You’ll learn through a combination of video lectures, live webinars and course materials that are easy to access wherever you are, whenever it works for you. Our intuitive learning hub also offers collaborative tools that make it simple to connect with tutors and fellow students, creating a rich online environment built around human-centred learning.
The University of Stirling Management School
At the University of Stirling Management School, the principle of responsible business, policy and practice is central to everything we do. This vision helps us to equip our students effectively with the skills to act as global citizens, capable of addressing the needs of society. As a member of the Chartered Association for Business Schools, we have strong links with industry and were recently awarded the Small Business Charter for engagement with local and regional enterprise.
Top reasons to study with us
Over the duration of the course you'll:
- Acquire knowledge, skills and experience for a successful career in data driven roles
- Understand the applications and implications of data analytics in organisations across different sectors
- Develop knowledge and skills of data analytics tools and techniques for business decision making
- Enhance your capabilities and confidence for championing data analytic projects
- Enhance and develop critical, analytical, interpersonal and other transferable skills
If you’re interested in studying a module from this course, the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma then please email Graduate Admissions to discuss your course of study.
The University of Stirling Management School is rated among the top 25 in the UK for Business and Management research, according to REF 2014.
64% of our research outputs were classified as world-leading and internationally excellent in terms of their originality, significance and rigour. We were ranked 14th in the UK in terms of research impact with over 60% of our research impact judged to have outstanding reach and wide-ranging impact on the policies of public, private and governmental organisations.
What our students said
MSc Data Science for Business
Read Jewel's storyI studied MSc Data Science for Business and what I liked most was the diversity of students on the course, with students of different backgrounds, countries and ages.
MSc Data Science for Business
Read Anita's storyThe employability and personal development workshops held as part of my course were instrumental in helping me build the transferable skills required to go into the workplace.