LLM International Energy and Environmental Law
Our LLM International Energy and Environmental Law enables you to apply the law to the significant international energy and environmental challenges of the 21st Century.
- Award Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate, LLM
- Start date September 2021, September 2022
- Duration LLM full-time: 12 months, LLM part-time: 24 months
- Mode of study Part-time, Full-time, Stand-alone modules
The growing pressure on natural resources has prompted a search for new and renewable energy forms. Alongside other significant impacts upon the environment, energy production, distribution and use have become a priority area for governments, businesses and non-governmental organisations across the world. With a growing demand for employees with specialised global legal knowledge in energy and environmental law, we’ve designed this course specifically to meet that need.
On this Masters course, you’ll explore the intersections between energy, environment and regulation. Expert staff have come together to provide graduates with an in-depth understanding of international energy and environmental law, as well as of key areas of energy management, environmental policy and economics.
You’ll be taught by expert staff in law, politics, economics and environmental science. They’ll give you clear insight into the relevant legal, political and economic issues related to energy and environmental law at the national, regional and, particularly, the international level.
Top reasons to study with us
By the end of the course, you’ll have:
- knowledge, understanding and skills at the Masters level that are appropriate for careers in law offices, government, international organisations, NGOs and business
- in-depth insights into relevant legal, political and economic issues related to energy and environmental law at the national, regional and international level
- an understanding of the dynamics of the past and current energy and environmental law, policy-making and governance, as well as likely future developments in the area
- the academic foundation for progression to PhD-level study
Making the Most of Masters
We know enhancing your employability to help you stand out to international businesses and organisations is a key driver in deciding to pursue a Masters degree. The award-winning Making the Most of Masters programme enables you kick-start your career with a work-based project with energy companies and law firms for your dissertation. The project will be solution-focused, and address real research needs within an organisation.
Go to the Making the Most of Masters page to see more details.
If you’re interested in studying a module from this course, the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma then please email Graduate Admissions to discuss your course of study.