Professor Sian Jones joins Historic Environment Scotland's new External Peer Review Panel
The Centre’s Sian Jones has joined Historic Environment Scotland’s new External Peer Review Panel, which has been set up to review the conservation of historic sites and monuments in the care of Scottish Ministers. The purpose of the Peer review Panel is to:
- provide assurance to Scottish Ministers via the HES Board;
- benefit from the wider experience, knowledge and contacts of expert colleagues;
- improve our own practice and performance;
- improve quality and uphold standards;
- encourage consistency in approach and methods.
Sian commented “This is a really exciting opportunity for knowledge exchange and I am very much looking forward to working with Historic Environment Scotland colleagues to support the conservation of Scotland’s heritage”.