Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Deadline for applications has passed. Information available for reference only.
Eligibility and availability
To be eligible, you must:
- be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022
- by September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country (as classified by the World Bank)
- be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Information on eligibility can be found on the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships website.
How do I apply?
Applicants need to first apply to the University of Stirling for one of the eligible courses. In order to be considered for an award, applicants must hold an offer of a place at Stirling. We would recommend applying to Stirling well in advance of any deadlines for this scholarship.
Applications must be made using the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission's online application system, details of which can be found on the CSC’s website under the ‘How to apply’ section