Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Deadline for 2020/21 entry has passed; details for 2021/22 entry will be confirmed in early February 2021.
Eligibility and availability
To be eligible, you must:
- be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2021
- by September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country (as classified by the World Bank)
- be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Information on eligibility can be found on the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships website.
How do I apply?
Applicants need to first apply to the University of Stirling for one of the eligible courses. In order to be considered for an award, applicants must hold an offer of a place at Stirling. We would recommend applying to Stirling well in advance of any deadlines for this scholarship.
Applicants must then submit a separate application using the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission's Electronic Application System (EAS).