ESRC-Funded Studentship Opportunities: Scottish Graduate School of Social Science
Please note that all information for this scholarship is valid for 2019-20 applications only.
Eligibility and availability
The competition is open to:
- UK and EU students who have completed (or expect to complete) a Masters qualification in a relevant discipline from a recognised institution (+3 award)
- UK and EU students planning to undertake such a Masters qualification followed by a doctorate degree (1+3 award).
For more information on eligibility please visit Scottish Graduate School for Social Science.
How do I apply?
Applying to the ESRC-DTP studentship competition – please see the SGSSS website for details and dates for each of the various schemes available (open, Steers, collaborative)
- Contact the relevant pathway representative at Stirling
- Pathway reps will invite nominated applicants to submit to the SGSSS applications portal
- Nominated applicants must register with SGSSS
- Final submission of relevant application documents to the SGSSS portal
- Award decisions will be announced
Applying to the University of Stirling
Applications to the University of Stirling and to the ESRC-DTP studentship awards are submitted in parallel. You must apply to undertake either a Masters degree or relevant PhD programme at the University of Stirling and - if nominated - apply via the SGSSS processes described above in tandem.
Note: Only those candidates with an offer to study at Stirling can receive a studentship through the ESRC-DTP.