The Reid Family Scholarship (Widening Participation)
We support Scottish students from Widening Participation backgrounds to help with the financial pressures of living costs and tuition fees so you can achieve your full potential.
The scholarships being awarded are:
- Undergraduate Widening Participation Scholarship: three awards.
- Postgraduate Masters Widening Participation Scholarship: two awards.
Tuition fees will not be included in the Undergraduate scholarship as these will be paid by the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS), but tuition fees will be included in the Postgraduate and PhD scholarships. Living costs for all scholarships will be paid up to the amount stated.
If you are eligible for additional SAAS funding due to your circumstances, whether it be a bursary or a loan, you are still eligible to apply for the Widening Participation Scholarships.
- £8,500 for each year of study up to 4 years, to support with living costs.
- Master/MSc: £19,350 for each year of study up to 2 years. Divided into £9,850 for tuition fees and £9,500 for living costs each year.
Eligibility and availability
Applications will be considered from potential students who:
- have been living in Scotland for at least 5 years;
- are the first generation in their family to attend higher education study;
- have an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Stirling for 2023-2024,
and come from at least one of the following backgrounds:
- You are from a priority postcode area (check your postcode).
- You are involved in the Schools for Higher Education Programme (Aspire North, Focus West, LEAPS and Lift Off).
- You are a care experienced student.
- You are a young or adult carer.
- You are an estranged student.
- You are a student on the University of Stirling Access to Degree Studies Programme.
- You are a student on a SWAP access course (Scottish Wider Access Programme).
- You are ex-armed forces personnel or the child of active serving armed forces personnel.
How to apply
Please tell us about yourself and how you think earning this scholarship could help you to achieve your goals for the future by completing this form.