Get urgent assistance

What to do in an emergency

If you're off campus, call 999 to reach any of the emergency services.

If you're on campus, call the Security Team any time, 24/7 on extension 2222 (on an internal phone) or 01786 467999 to request the Police.

If you need an ambulance, dial 999 directly to speak to a call handler. Then call the Security Team on extension 2222 or 01786 467999 to let them know that an ambulance will be arriving.

If you have recently been assaulted and need immediate support

It's important that you access support quickly, particularly if you feel you need medical attention or you want to report the incident to the Police. If you urgently need to see someone or have physical injuries please see our list of support agencies, visit a Sexual Assault Referral Centre or speak with your GP.

If you can, try to find somewhere you feel safe so you can consider your options. Go to our list of support agencies who can help you both practically and also to help you make the right decisions for you.

You can also submit a report to speak to one of our University Sexual Violence and Misconduct Liaison Officers within office hours which are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. They can talk to you about support available and discuss possible options. Once you submit the report they will make contact with you within 72 hours to arrange an appointment.

If you want to visit a Sexual Assualt Referral Centre (SARC)

You can make an appointment with your nearest SARC which is Archway in Glasgow.

The Archway is a specialist service made up of a team of experts experienced in caring for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted. This includes basic medical attention, forensic examination, emergency contraception, sexual health screening, advice and counselling.

Anyone who is over 13 years old and has been raped or sexually assaulted in the last seven days can visit Archway.

It's entirely up to you to decide what services you use and what choices you make at Archway. You may wish to have sexual health screening tests but not undergo a forensic examination, or you may choose to have a forensic examination so that evidence of the assault can be collected, but not want to report the incident to the Police. The choice will remain yours throughout the process, and your visit will be entirely confidential.

Find out more at Archway Glasgow.