Skip header navigation

Services Hub

The Student Services Hub exists to make sure you can access the assistance you need as easily as possible during your time at the University of Stirling. The Hub brings lots of frequently used services together under one banner, meaning you can resolve a whole range of queries through a single point of contact.

We can help you with questions on all of the services listed below, and you can get in touch with us by calling, emailing or visiting the Student Services Hub via the Queens Court entrance of the Cottrell Building.

Got an enquiry? #JustAsk

Student Services Hub, Cottrell Building
Phone: +44 (0) 1786 466022

If you're a current student, please contact us from your University email account or include your student ID if you're emailing from a personal address. 

British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact the University of Stirling via contact SCOTLAND-BSL, the online British Sign Language video relay interpreting service. Find out more on the contactSCOTLAND website.

Out of hours support

Find out where you can get support at any time.

Out of hours and emergency support

I want to find out about...

Hub opening hours

  • 9am–5pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
  • 10am–5pm Tuesday
  • Closed Saturday and Sunday

Our busiest times are 11am–2pm daily, so if you're in a hurry or don't want to wait we suggest visiting outside of these times if possible.

Get details of the out of hours support available.

Stay connected with the Hub

See the latest updates and information from the Student Services Hub and other University services by following Student Services on Facebook and Twitter. 

Frequently asked questions

  • What do I do if I want to talk in private?

    Our front desks are screened for your privacy but we understand if you'd like to speak somewhere more confidential. We have semi-private pods within the Hub as well as a private room for any conversations you don't want to have within the main space. Just let the Student Hub Assistant know or simply indicate to the sign on the desk and we'll be happy to move to a more private space. 

  • Do you have specialist advisers?

    Although our skilled Student Hub Assistants are able to answer many of your questions, we also have a team of specialist advisers supporting us, including staff with experience in mental health, money advice, disability services, careers advice, immigration advice or academic/fees/programmes enquiries. If we can't respond to your enquiry right away, we'll refer you to the right person and will make sure you know what the next steps will be.

  • Will confidentiality be affected?

    The Student Services Hub staff are all part of the Student Support Services team, which is part of Student, Academic and Corporate Services. They take your confidentiality very seriously. To find out more about how we protect and use your personal data, please read our confidentiality and data sharing statement

  • Can I hand in a document outside of working hours or without seeing a Student Hub Assistant?

    Yes! We have two red post-boxes, one just outside the Hub in Queens Court reception area and one just inside the Hub. Please use one of the envelopes provided, or bring your own, and post for us to process. We aim to process documents within five working days. Please remember to put your Student ID number on the envelope. 

  • What do I do in an emergency?

    The Student Services Hub is not an emergency service. If you are having an emergency, you should contact the emergency services immediately on 999. You can also check our out-of-hours and emergency support here. If you are in crisis and think that you might be at risk of harm, you should contact your GP or an organisation such as Samaritans. If you believe someone else is at risk of harm, you should call the Police on 999 immediately.  

Service Level Agreements and Access Statement – what you can expect

The Student Services Hub and the areas within it are committed to providing you with a high quality student experience. The below Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Access Statement are there so you can see just what to expect from the different services within the Hub.

Scroll back to the top