Computing Science placements
"We need people who are seriously passionate about software and electronics engineering. We look for people who have personal, extracurricular projects and activities that complements what they are learning at university. Both students met this criteria."
Janet Menzies, Mage Control Systems
When do students go on placement?
This module runs from June to September.
The placement provider will be asked to remunerate the student during the tenure of his or her placement as this is a full-time placement for 6 - 12 weeks.
- February to March 2024 - Companies will be contacted with a view to gaining placements for the students. If interested in providing a placement, companies will be given placement background information, timelines and a project proposal form.
- March 2024 - Companies agreeing to take students will complete the project proposal form and return it to Dr. Kolberg by Friday 15 March 2024 at the latest.
- March to April 2024 - Placement details will be advertised to students, who will be asked to make 3 placement choices. Dr. Kolberg will then forward the students' CVs to the companies of their choice and this will normally be completed by Friday 29 March 2024.
- April 2024 - Using their current recruitment process, companies will decide on the student most suitable for the placement and a second choice if possible. The name of the student selected will be forwarded to Dr. Kolberg by the end of April 2024.
- May 2024 - Students will be advised of their placements in the first week of May.
- June to September 2024 - Students will carry out their projects/job roles.