A minimum of a second-class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. You must also have five years' appropriate work experience in coaching, and evidence of successful completion of sport-specific coaching qualifications is expected.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Academic or UKVI 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill.
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing.
See our information on English language requirements for more details on the language tests we accept and options to waive these requirements.
The objectives of the module are to:
- investigate and critically appraise existing models of the coaching process.
- use established methods to analyse personal practice and compare with coaching models.
- reflect on and critically evaluate coaching behaviours and interpersonal nature of coaching using appropriate research and theory.
- construct working models of coaching process.
Delivery and assessment
The module is delivered entirely online through pre-recorded presentations, learning materials, asynchronous discussion and tutorials.
Assessment will be a practical analysis task and evidence-guided professional reflective essay.
Typically, individuals who apply for a Sport Performance Coaching CPD module will already be employed in
Engaging with the modules has helped coaches across the world boost their skills and advance their careers. By