A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. You must also have five years' appropriate work experience in coaching, and evidence of successful completion of sport-specific coaching qualifications is expected.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Academic or UKVI 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill.
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing.
See our information on English language requirements for more details on the language tests we accept and options to waive these requirements.
A flexible payment scheme is operated by the University to support students who are self-funding.
- Reflect on and critically evaluate coaching practice using appropriate research and theory.
- Critically evaluate the application of cognitive skills to the development and establishment of personal coaching practice.
- Engage in critical thinking and problem-solving discussions.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the decision-making process and undertake an informed evaluation of coaching decisions.
- Investigate and evaluate the concept of expertise and critically appraise the development of expertise within personal coaching practice.
Delivery and assessment
The module is delivered entirely online through pre-recorded presentations, learning materials, asynchronous discussion and tutorials.
To encourage the application of coaching theory into a coaching practice, your assignments will be directly related to your own context and include a practical analysis task and an evidence-guided reflective essay.
Typically, individuals who apply for a Sport Performance Coaching CPD module will already be employed in
Engaging with the modules has helped coaches across the world boost their skills and advance their careers. By