Sports Medicine, Health and Wellbeing
Explore the influence and impact of diet and exercise on health, well-being and the prevention of some diseases and the relevance of sports nutrition in athletic performance.
Students will need to have taken the following modules:
- Anatomy & Physiology 1, Anatomy & Physiology 2
On completion of this module students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the relationship between nutrition, physical activity, and health and be able to advise the general population on healthy food/activity choices.
- Describe the methods and analysis available for assessing energy intake, energy expenditure and body composition.
- Demonstrate a variety of skills and techniques that are specialised to measure body composition.
- Interpret and critically evaluate the data from different methods of assessing energy intake and output.
- Present an analysis of nutrition/activity datasets through a scientific report.
Delivery and assessment
The lectures will be delivered online. Practical skill lab sessions and seminars will be face to face. The module will be assessed through coursework (1 summative, 1 formative) and final exam (essay type questions - summative).
Dr Nidia Rodriguez-Sanchez