Service Level Agreement (SLA) from the Income Office to Student

The Income office is responsible for the collection of the majority of income the University is entitled to and can offer help and advice on making payments.

The student services hub offer help and services to students on the income office’s behalf. Listed below is what you can expect from the student services hub and which services are the responsibility of the income office.

1. Payments

The Student Services Hub will offer help and advice on making student payments including:

  • Tuition Fees
  • Accommodation fees (from September 2017)
  • Sports Centre Debt
  • Discretionary Loans

The team will advise how students can make online payments via the WPM system which can be found on the how to pay webpages.

Online is the preferred method of payment and should be used whenever possible.

Other ways to pay:

  • In person at the Student Services hub.
  • By phone on +44 (0)1786 466022 
  • By bank transfer – please contact the Student Services hub on +44 (0) 1786 466022 for details or see the how to pay webpages.

The Student Services Hub will issue account statements and receipts as well as providing advice regarding the instalment plans available to students paying their tuition fees on enrolment.

Instalment plans

Details of the instalment plans available can be found on the how to pay webpages.

Cash payments

The University discourages students from carrying large amounts of cash and we advise you to pay tuition fees by another payment method, avoiding cash payments where possible.

Any payment enquiries can be made by contacting the Student Services Hub on 44 (0)1786 466022 or by email at

2. Income Office responsibilities

The advice and guidance provided by the Student Services Hub will cover a large proportion of initial student enquiries. However due to the regulations regarding card payments and the complexity of some students affairs, the Income Office are responsible for various services including:

Amendments to Recurring Card Payment (RCP) Plans

Students can create recurring card payments online. Any amendments to RCPs will be processed by the Income Office either by visiting the Income Office in person in 2Z Cottrell Building or by telephoning 01786 466699 / 466192 / 466197

Amendments include change of card details, expiry dates, change of dates and amounts payable. 

Issues with Instalment Plans offered at enrolment 

Issues regarding paying the amount due on time 

Student debt issues

The student can discuss debt problems with an income collection officer either over the phone on 01786 466699 or by using this number to make an appointment to meet and discuss with an income officer in person.

3. Other payment support for students

Students experiencing difficulties in paying any fees and charges should seek financial advice at the earliest opportunity by contacting a Student Advisor in Student Support Services, either:


Telephone on 01786 466022 

Visit in person at the Student Services Hub, Campus Central during opening hours.

Further information is available on the Student Support Services web-page.

4. More information

Income Office
University of Stirling
2Z Cottrell Building

Tel (general): 01786 467123


Web: How to pay your fees webpages

We aim to respond to email enquiries within 5 working days outside of busy periods such as the start of semester.

We aim to meet students within 5 days of an appointment being made.