Service Level Agreement (SLA) from the Student Money Support
1. The Student Money Support Service
This document is intended to present the minimum level of service that users can expect from Student Money Support. As with all such agreements, targets have been set to reflect normal circumstances and they may not always be met in periods with high levels of staff absence or vacant posts. The targets will be regularly monitored in order to ensure that targets are being met and service levels improved, wherever possible.
University of Stirling’s Student Money Support team are here to offer advice on available funding and support with budgeting.
2. What to expect when meeting the Student Adviser or Assistant Student Adviser for Money Support?
You should expect to meet with the Money Support team member for an appointment not exceeding 15 minutes (unless agreed otherwise by the Student Adviser). During this time, the Money Support team member will:
- Treat you with respect, courtesy and will keep your enquiry confidential*
- Endeavour to respond to your enquiry at the time but if this is not possible, will follow up with information by email
- Check over any application to our funds before you submit if you would like. They will not however be able to advise on the likelihood of success of the application until it has been fully assessed
3. What to expect when submitting an application for assistance funding (such as Discretionary/Childcare/Student Assistance Fund/Accommodation Enhancement Fund)?
If you submit a full application to any one of our funds, the Student Money Support team will:
- Endeavour to assess your application within 6 weeks
- Contact you should you be required to provide additional documentation
- Advise you of the outcome of your application by email to your student email address within 6 weeks of your application
4. What the Student Money Support expects from you
The Student Money Support team expects you to:
- Regularly check your University of Stirling email account as all important information will be sent there
- Arrive for your agreed appointment on time
- Submit your application for our funds before our advertised deadlines
- Submit your application for funds in full. We expect you to provide all required documentation evidencing your income and expenditure in a clear format, and to complete all sections of the application form
- Contact the team if you are unable to repay a short term emergency loan
5. More information:
Student Money Support
Student Services Hub - Campus Central
University of Stirling
Tel: 01786 466022
We aim to respond to email enquiries within 5 working days.