When conducting research, funded or non-funded, you can use a variety of tools to organise your research and build your data management framework. DMPonline will help you to do this in case you're funded by one of the major UK funding bodies as well as in case your research is not funded.
You can use the tool to:
- Create a data management plan. To do this you need to click on the Create plans tab at the top of the page. When creating your plan, you must select the University of Stirling as the primary research organisation. If you don’t do this, we won’t receive the right information needed to provide the necessary support for your plan. You can then select your funder. If your funder doesn’t appear in the search box, or your project is unfunded, check the box that says ‘No funder associated with this plan’ and you will be directed to the University of Stirling Template.
- Download your DMP from DMPonline (accessed via the ‘Download’ tab) using the ‘docx’ format to submit to a funder. You can also download it into your Worktribe record for the project it is associated with. Within a project use the Documents
- Under the Share tab on DMPonline you can do the following:
- Choose who is able to view your plan by setting your plan visibility.
- Invite collaborators to edit and/or comment on your plan.
- Request a review of your DMP from the Research Data Management team
- You can view all of your existing plans by clicking on the 'My Dashboard' tab at the top of the page.
Your DMP number is at the end of the URL of your plan in DMPonline under the 'Project Details' tab (e.g. https://dmponline.dcc.ac.uk/plans/99999). If your funder is not listed in DMPonline please check the box that says ‘No funder associated with this plan’ and you will be directed to the University of Stirling Template.