Thinking of coming to work or study at Stirling?
IT services for staff and students
Staff and students have access to a variety of IT resources in support of learning and teaching, including:
- The University portal – gateway to the university’s main IT services including staff and student email (Office365).
- Our learning management system, Canvas. There is usually a Canvas space for each module which only students taking that module have access to. They can find essential resources for the module, electronic reading lists, assignments, inter-course chat/emails and much more.
- Software for study – the University subscribes to Microsoft Office 365. All staff and students can benefit from the option to download a free copy of the Office software suite and access the Office365 product suite. The University can also supply some other software packages free to staff and students depending on our licensing.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the entire campus and all of the University owned Halls of Residence. We use eduroam which can also allow our staff/students to access Wi-Fi at other participating eduroam institutions worldwide. A public Wi-Fi service is also available for visitors.
- Computing labs – IS supports a number of teaching and open access study labs in the main teaching buildings. These include AV facilities for teaching purposes, lab PCs with standard software available, print/copy/scanning facilities.
Services for Researchers
More info for researchers
IS has its own Research team who help and advise researchers in the use of the University’s research systems. These include:
- Stirling Online Research Repository – an Open Access Repository that makes copies of Stirling's research publications freely available on the web.
- DataSTORRE – our online digital repository of multi-disciplinary research datasets produced at UoS.
- Postgraduate Research Zone in the Library building – private study and meeting space for PGR students.
- Advice on Open Access, University policies around Research data.