What should a good data management plan look like? You should consider the following issues when planning your data management:
- What new data will you produce? What types/formats? How much?
- What existing data could you reuse?
- How will you store and back up your data?
- How will you organise and describe your data for future use?
- Who will need access to your data and how will you control this?
- What data will you want to archive after the project? Where and for how long?
- Who will archived data be available to and under what license?
- What existing resources are available to meet these needs? What additional resources may be required?
- Who will be responsible for each of these elements?
Data storage and access
The University's Cyber Security Team have created a data storage plan with information and recommendations for secure data storage and access.
JISC provides practical resources and advice to help you understand the new GDPR legislation, which replaces the Data Protection Act in May 2018. Read the guidance here.
Other useful links