What can we help you with?
The Information Centre is the main Information Services enquiry point, we can therefore answer questions concerned with helping you to make use of the various facilities and services provided by Information Services:
- The University Library: space, collections and e-resources
- Staff workspace: purchasing hardware and software; software installation and support; university phones; printing and copying services
- Online learning tools including Canvas, Listen Again, Turnitin
- Communications tools: email, Teams, videoconferencing, collaboration tools
- University Learning Spaces: the central computing labs and lecture theatres
- Network and cloud file management services
- Network account administration
- University Wi-fi services: eduroam and public Wi-fi
You are welcome to bring questions to the Information Centre. Our staff will do what we can to help you within the following guidelines: the Centre offers first level support, where your question cannot be answered at the desk, it will be referred to the relevant team within Information Services.
UniDesk Self-Service Portal – for our staff and students
The Information Centre uses UniDesk to manage all your questions/fault reports. An enormous amount of IT information is available to you in UniDesk Self-Service Portal including:
- Huge FAQ database with very powerful search engine
- Web forms to request standard services
- Log your own call directly with IT, Library, the Student Services Hub or the Faculty of Social Sciences (all UniDesk users)
- Monitor the progress of your call or modify/update it yourself
You can access UniDesk via the University Portal home page or by clicking here.
Reach us via Email:
IT enquiries: askIT@stir.ac.uk or fill in our Ask IT form on UniDesk
Library enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in our Ask the Library form on UniDesk