Belong at Stirling
Be good to yourself
Give yourself time to settle in, it may not happen overnight. Try to get enough sleep and eat well. Get organised and make time for your studies. Keep yourself safe and do not do anything which you are uncomfortable with or is harmful to you or others.
If you are struggling to settle in, remember everyone feels the same at some time when they first arrive. Sharing how you are feeling with another student can be helpful or you can speak to:
- Accommodation liaison officers, if you are in student accommodation
- Chaplaincy - a friendly, welcoming place, open to students and staff of all faiths and none
- Your personal tutor - someone who can give you guidance, information and support throughout your studies
- Student Support Services - we offer an extensive range of support services to help you fulfil your potential and make the most of your time here
- The Students’ Union - the Union can offer independent support and information or signpost you to the appropriate University or external services.