Create your timetable
Here's how to get your personalised class timetable:
- Download the University App to access your personalised timetable which is populated with details of lectures and other full class activities for your modules, once you enrol.
- Next, you need to sign up for seminars and other small group sessions for your modules via Canvas, our Virtual Learning Environment, before they will appear on your personalised timetable. It is available from a week before the start of semester. Sign up quickly because the sessions can fill up quickly. This guide to Canvas will help you get started.
- Once you have signed up for sessions on Canvas, they will appear in your personalised timetable on the App the next day. Your timetable is now ready!
Your timetable indicates:
- the module code for each activity
- the type of teaching activity (e.g. lecture (L) or a tutorial (T))
- the weeks of semester the activity takes place (e.g. wk1-3)
- the location of the class (online is noted as “virtual” or a room on campus e.g. C. B23= Cottrell Building, B corridor, room 23). Finding your way to classes can take a little time, so allow plenty time. Use our maps and floorplans to help you locate your teaching rooms.
If you have questions then use LiveChat on the portal or ask at the information desks on campus when you arrive. Remember classes start on the first day of semester so prepare your personalised timetable before semester begins. We try not to change the timetable after it is published, but sometimes this is unavoidable, so please check your timetable regularly.