University of Stirling's International Sports Scholarship Programme
The University's International Sports Scholarship Programme is one of the largest high performance sports programmes in the UK.
We’ve supported more than 1,000 UK and international student athletes since its inception in 1981.
Our sporting success
- Our medal winners include 24 Olympians and 7 Paralympians. We hold nine world records.
- We had 20 athletes compete at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games and 9 at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
- We are the only UK institution to have played – and won – in NCAA competition.
- A record number of University of Stirling athletes won 18 medals at the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
- Our scholar-athletes have also competed at major sports competitions such as Wimbledon, The Open, The AIG Women’s Open and The Masters.