Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Deadline for applications has passed. Information available for reference only.
Eligibility and availability
To apply for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates must:
- be a citizen of or be granted refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- be unable to afford to study the course without this scholarship
- provide at least one reference
- hold an offer to start their chosen course of study in the 2021/22 academic year
Eligible Commonwealth countries
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
How do I apply?
Applicants are required to apply to the University for the eligible course noted above, before submitting a scholarship application to Commonwealth Scholarships.
In order to be considered for an award, applicants must hold an unconditional offer of a place on MSc Dementia Studies at the
Applicants must apply for the scholarships via the Commonwealth Scholarship website.
The candidate application round is a two-stage process with two deadlines:
- All applications must be submitted by 17:00 (BST) on Monday 26th April 2021.
- All applications must include supporting documentation and references by 17:00 (BST) (BST) on Monday 10th May 2021