Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships support students from developing Commonwealth countries to undertake postgraduate study at a distance or via online learning.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships support students from developing Commonwealth countries to undertake postgraduate study via online learning. The University of Stirling has the opportunity to award 5 distance learning scholarships.
MSc in Dementia Studies (online) (4 awards)
No attendance at the University of Stirling is required.
This covers all elements of the award, including tuition fees, partnership development costs, and any residential programmes.
Eligibility and availability
To apply for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of or be granted refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
- All candidates must provide at least one reference
- All candidates must hold an offer to start their chosen course of study in the 2022
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships may not be held concurrently for more than one course.
If selected for a scholarship, candidates must be and remain resident in an eligible Commonwealth country and must not undertake study towards any other qualification for the duration of their award.
Eligible Commonwealth countries
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
How to apply
Applicants are required to apply to the University for the MSc Dementia Studies before submitting a scholarship application to Commonwealth Scholarships.
In order to be considered for an award, applicants must hold an unconditional offer of a place on MSc Dementia Studies at the
Applicants must apply for the scholarships via the Commonwealth Scholarship website.