We're one of the leading Psychology departments in the UK, offering award-winning psychology courses.
You’ll be taught by academic staff renowned for the quality of their research and expertise. We put forward thinking ideas and practical experience at the core of your studies and we make sure our courses are of the highest industry standard through accreditation with the British Psychological Society.
Our postgraduate and Masters Psychology courses combine research methods training, with more specialised advanced modules and practical placements.
Our research explores big questions about behaviour, evolution and cognition and is internationally-recognised for its world-leading impact.
Studying at Stirling gave me a comprehensive understanding of psychology and the confidence and ability to use this knowledge in real life situations. I would recommend the University of Stirling to anyone who is looking to get the best out of their studies. I did.
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Study with us
- Health Psychology
- Human Animal Interaction
- Psychological Research Methods (Autism Research)
- Psychological Research Methods (Bilingualism Research)
- Psychological Research Methods (Child Development)
- Psychological Research Methods (Cognition and Neuropsychology)
- Psychological Research Methods (Evolutionary Psychology)
- Psychological Research Methods (General)
- Psychological Research Methods (Perception and Action)
- Psychological Research Methods (Psychology of Faces)
- Psychological Therapy in Primary Care
- Psychology (accredited conversion course)
- Professional Doctorate Health Psychology
We offer Phd or MPhil supervision in any of the areas covered by the Faculty's divisions.
100% of our Psychology Impact case studies
received the highest possible rating of ‘World-leading’
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
What our students said
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Read Papoula's storyStudying at Stirling has been a defining time in my life. I now know what direction I want to take my career, I have made great friendships and built a strong connection to Scotland.
We conduct high quality, internationally recognised research which falls under three main themes - Health and Behaviour Change, Behaviour and Evolution, and Cognition in Complex Environments.
Our academic staff are internationally leading researchers in their own fields of interest. In REF 2014 Psychology at Stirling was rated top in the UK for International quality research with Impact – we do research that makes a real difference in the wider world.