Climate Change and Sustainable Business
Module name: Impact Strategy, Climate and Measurement
Applications for June 2022 entry are now closed.
A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
On successful completion of the module, you should be able to:
- Critically assess and communicate the opportunities in the development of a sustainability purpose for a business.
- Apply relevant business models and tools to pursue, measure and report to various stakeholders, new forms of impact.
- Critically reflect on the evolving nature of stakeholder relationships and innovate in this space.
Structure and content
The module will look at the following topics:
- Sustainability impact and the purpose of business
- Social enterprise and impact business
- Social and environmental niches
- Impact start ups
- Environmental management systems and circular economy
- Complex global problems and climate impact
- Global business and partnerships
- Changing stakeholder relationships
- Impact and measurement
- ESG, net zero, and measurement
Delivery and assessment
This module will be delivered online via the Insendi platform.
For your asessement, you will be asked to provide a 2,500 case study report, for example: identify the threats and opportunities that might guide towards a new sustainability purpose. How do you measure the threats and opportunities and how would you measure the impact of progression towards the new purpose?
Knowledge of sustainability and the transition to Net Zero are becoming in-demand skills for businesses. Understanding how these issues apply directly to business is in particular demand. As business of all sizes adapt to the sustainability challenges of the 21st century there is a need to shape new ways of thinking. Pushed on by the opportunity to create value and innovation, as well as policy and financial commitments, businesses need these skills.