Head of Tennis
The University of Stirling is one of the top UK Universities for tennis and as Scotland’s University for Sporting Excellence and UK Sports University of the Year 2020, our ambition is to set standards
Read the full details, including Job Description and Person Specification
Sports Attendant (Full-time) x 3 positions
Be part of a team that ensures the effective operation of all sports facilities at Scotland’s University for Sporting Excellence. This includes lifeguard duties for sessions involving Olympic swimmers, to those children learning a key life skill, as well as providing operational support for our ambitious student clubs, in an unrivalled multi-sport environment.
Football and netball referees
Reports to: Student Sport Development Officer
Football and netball referees required
With support from the Student Sport Development Officer, the Intramural Referee will assist with the delivery of high quality, well-structured social sport leagues for students and staff for University of Stirling Sport.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to and ensure COVID-19 risk assessment procedures are followed by participants at all times
- Ensure the facilities and equipment are ready and set up to allow games to take place on time
- Explain rules to captains to ensure all parties are entering into the competition understanding what is expected in terms of behaviours
- Ensure all players are registered and able to play
- Referee games and ensure all players are following the rules
- Record scores and send to Student Sport Development Officer after all matches
- Provide an approachable, professional point of contact for participants during sessions.
- Act as a positive role model to participants and interact with groups and individuals in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Ensure clear and concise communication with all participants to ensure the smooth flow of the game and to allow all taking part to have an enjoyable experience
- Act as an advocate of University of Stirling Sport
- Adopt a flexible working approach to work as part of a team to ensure fixtures are always covered by providing additional cover in cases of sickness, annual leave or special events.
- Embed the University’s core values of excellence, openness and ambition.
- Support and promote the values and behaviours of the Sports Development Service and the University of Stirling at all times.
- Ensure that all University policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out any other duties, which are appropriate to the post as may be reasonably requested by the Student Sport Development Officer
Additional Information / Special Conditions
This post will require flexibility in working hours to meet operational needs, including evening and weekends.
Pay / hours
- £9.62 per hour
- Casual hours to be agreed
How to apply
- Please send CV and cover letter, outlining why you'd be suitable for the role, to email@example.com.
Casual roles (Sports attendants, Receptionists, Fitness officers, Sports coaches)
We currently have vacancies across a number of casual roles including:
Sports attendants (with lifeguard qualification)
Fitness officers / Gym instructors
For more information or to apply (cover letter and CV required) email firstname.lastname@example.org.