Monday 4 – Friday 8 April 2022
University of Stirling Sport, Stirling, FK9 4LA
Stirling students: £225
About the course
The STA Pool Lifeguarding qualification is designed to train learners in pool rescue, CPR techniques, first aid and dealing with poolside emergencies in accordance with National Occupational Standards, Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools, British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2 Safety Requirements for Operations, and the CIMSPA Employer Led Professional Standards – Pool Lifeguard.
The course is aimed at learners who would like to work as a lifeguard in a swimming pool or leisure centre in a pool supervision capacity. Learners need to be 16 years old at the point of assessment and meet the pre-course requirements listed under entry requirements.
- Be 16 years, or older, at the point of assessment
- Be able to jump into deep water
- Be able to swim 50 metres in under 1 minute
- Be able to swim 100 metres on the front and 100 metres on the back without stopping
- Be able to tread water for 30 seconds in deep water
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
- Be able to climb out of the pool unaided without the use of steps or ladders
Full details of the qualification specification can be found on the STA website.
Please direct any enquiries to our Sport Duty Officers via email@example.com or 01786 466900.
Book your place
Select the appropriate link to book your place on the course.
Students and staff - you must use your University email to sign in and reset password if signing in for first time. Search for the course by date.
Community - you must create a Pay as You Go account if you're not an existing Sports Centre member by selecting "create account now". Search for the course by date.