EU Undergraduate Scholarship
The EU Undergraduate Scholarship provides fee discounts and costs for EU nationals at the University of Stirling.
For EU students starting their course in September 2021 and onwards, the UK Government has confirmed they will be classified as an international student. At Stirling, we wish to support our EU students who are affected by this change in status through this transition.
For eligible EU students starting their undergraduate course with us in September 2023 or January 2024, we will award an automatic £5,000 fee discount each year, for years 1-3. Having entered in year 1 and progressed successfully through years 2 and 3, eligible students will be awarded a scholarship covering the full cost of the fees for their Honours year (year 4) of study.
Eligible EU students who join their undergraduate course via advanced entry, e.g. direct into Year 2 or progressing from an academic programme at INTO Stirling, will receive the automatic £5,000 fee discount for each year of their Stirling degree course including the final year. Advanced entry students are not eligible for the Honours Year (year 4) fee waiver.
Please note students from the Republic of Ireland will be classified as rest of UK (RUK), and as such will be eligible for our range of RUK scholarships instead.
Eligibility and availability
- You must be classed as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be an EU national (domiciled in the EU) or an ordinary resident in the EU prior to commencing your studies
- Students from the Republic of Ireland will be classified as rest of UK (RUK), and as such will be eligible for our range of RUK scholarships instead.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any other Stirling scholarship or award. If offered more than one University of Stirling award then the highest value award will be applied.
- This award is only available to students entering directly into a full-time undergraduate degree programme, delivered at the University’s Stirling campus.
How to apply
No application is necessary. All eligible EU students who enter an undergraduate degree course at the University of Stirling in September 2023 or January 2024 will automatically be allocated a discount, and those who successfully complete years 1-3, will be automatically allocated the Honours Year fee waiver.
Those who join their undergraduate course via advanced entry routes will receive a £5000 fee discount for each year of their Stirling degree but will not recieve the Honours Year fee Waiver.