Robertson Trust Scholarship
Financial support for 16 to 25 year olds in Scotland who face barriers to higher education.
Each year, over 700 young people, known as Robertson scholars, are supported through Journey to Success in a broad range of subjects across Scotland’s universities.
Since 1992, the programme has supported over 1,000 young people to overcome financial and social barriers to gain the university education and career they aspire to.
The programme was devised to offer self-development opportunities and financial support to 16-25 year olds in Scotland who face barriers to higher education.
Eligibility and availability
Students must be Scottish residents and fulfil one or more of these criteria:
- From schools with low progression rates to higher education
- From households with low income
- Black and Minority Ethnic groups
- Have lived experience of care
- Estranged from their family
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- From military families