Flying Start Leadership Programme
- Communication skills - build your confidence in your ability to communicate with peers, family, friends, and work colleagues.
- Delivering a professional presentation – your ability to present is important not just at university but in your career ahead. This session will provide you with the tools and feedback you need.
- Developing cultural intelligence – explore and discover cultural diversity and how this enriches every day and business life.
- Self-awareness – you’ll make better decisions and interact more effectively with others if you’re self-aware. This session considers your ability to manage time, the values that underpin your choices and the motivators that drive you. Includes a guest lecture.
- Personal development plan – understand your strengths and weaknesses and how to articulate and achieve your goals.
- The business challenge - can you beat the competition within the allotted time? Working in groups, you’ll make decisions and perform tasks to create a mobile app.
- Solutions for business – this event brings you together with business leaders to tackle and resolve everyday business issues, including developing your networking skills.
- Team working – throughout the Flying Start Leadership programme you will be encouraged to work in teams so that you understand why team working is an important skill.
- SMS Web Quest- beat the competition to be the best team by scoring the most points. You need to perfect your team working skills as well as adopt a useful strategy to win at this game.