Flying Start Leadership Programme
As you delve into your postgraduate course, you will engage in our innovative Flying Start Leadership Programme.
You’ll have the opportunity to undertake our programme of activities, which will challenge your perspective of culture and develop your self-awareness, as well as develop your team-working, problem-solving and communication skills.
Employers are looking for graduates like you, who have the ability to work under pressure, manage conflict and work well in a team. Your self-confidence and business skills will grow to take you to the next level in your career. You’ll discover how to network and develop your critical evaluation skills. Our supportive programme will help you achieve your ambitions through transforming your ‘soft-skills’, which are highly valued across all industries.
- Confident communication - build your confidence in your ability to communicate with peers, family, friends, and work colleagues.
- Developing cultural intelligence – explore and discover cultural diversity and how this enriches every day life and business life.
- Self-awareness – you’ll make better decisions and interact more effectively with others if you’re self-aware. This topic considers your ability to manage time, the values that underpin your choices and the motivators that drive you.
- Personal development plan – understand your strengths and weaknesses and how to articulate and achieve your goals.
- The business challenge - can you beat the competition within the allotted time? Working in groups, you’ll make decisions and perform tasks that will challenge your thinking.
- Team working – through a range of activities, the Flying Start Leadership programme highlights the important skills required to be an effective team member.
- SMS Web Quest - beat the competition to be the best team by scoring the most points. You need to perfect your team