Information on recommended reading for studying on our nursing degree courses.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) is the regulatory body within Scotland. You are required to adhere to the NMC (2018) Code of Conduct whilst practicing as a student.
There are no compulsory texts for this degree programme. However, if you wish to purchase textbooks, we recommend the following:
- Peate, I. and Nair, M. (2016) Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing and Healthcare Students. 2 nd edn. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell OR
- Waugh, A., Wilson, A. (2018) Ross &Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness. 13th edn. London: Elsevier
- Pilgrim, D. (2017) Key concepts in Mental Health. 4 th edn. London: Sage
- Brooker, C and Waugh, A. (2013) Foundations of Nursing Practice. Fundamentals of Holistic Care. 2nd edn. Mosby Elsevier
- Peate, I. (2017) Fundamentals of Applied Physiology: An essential Guide for Nursing and Healthcare Students. 3 rd edn. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell
- Osmond, A. (2016) Academic Writing and Grammar for Students. 2nd edn. London: Sage
- Cottrell, C. (2017) Critical thinking skills: Effective Analysis, Argument and Reflection. 3 rd edn. London: Palgrave