GIRFEC: A Multi-agency Approach to Practice
“Getting it Right for Every Child is the foundation for work with all children and young people, including adult services where parents are involved.” (Scottish Government, 2010)
The Getting It Right multi-disciplinary course will help equip you to deliver effective children’s services in a unified approach, allowing you to respond in ways which will strengthen children, young people and their families’ capacity to care.
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
This multi agency module will be of interest to individuals who work with children, young people and their families.
It is suitable for those likely to undertake a named person or lead professional role, and those required to contribute to a child’s plan.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Exploration of the key principles, values and origins of the GIRFEC framework
- Enhancing an understanding of what can promote or hinder healthy child development
- Explore the potential impact of the Children and Young people (Scotland) Act 2014
- Examine the role of the Named Person and the Lead Professional
- Making sense of the GIRFEC practice model
The module will be delivered online.
Assessment will be a 4000 word assignment based on the key learning objectives.
You can utilise the learning from the module as part of your current academic career pathway development and Personal Development Plan.