Professional skills programme
Get the skills you need to be work-ready with our Postgraduate Plus+ employability course.
Employers are looking for graduates who have the ability to work under pressure, manage conflict and communicate effectively. By participating in this course, you’ll grow your self-confidence and professional skills, equipping you to take your career to the next level.
Postgraduate Plus+ has been developed in partnership with industry and the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. Further course details and information on how to book will be posted on this page ahead of the next academic year.
What's covered on the course?
The three day course will assist you to develop a range of key professional skills much in demand by employers:
- Self-awareness – you’ll make better decisions and interact more effectively with others if you’re self-aware
- Presentation skills – learn the do’s and don’ts of an excellent PowerPoint presentation to support your communication skills
- Team working and team building – you’ll learn how to give positive feedback to group members, resolve conflicts and understand the importance of working as part of a team
- Career development – communication and behaviour assertiveness in organisations
- Improving productivity – time management and excelling in the workplace by understanding how to influence and build relationships
- Leadership, managing and coaching – understand the characteristics and behaviours of successful leaders and managers
- Running effective meetings – challenges and plans