Professional skills programme
Get the skills you need to be work-ready with our Postgraduate Plus+ employability course.
Employers are looking for graduates who have the ability to work under pressure, manage conflict and communicate effectively. By participating in this course, you’ll grow your self-confidence and professional skills, equipping you to take your career to the next level.
Postgraduate Plus+ has been developed in partnership with industry and the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
What's covered on the course?
The three day course will assist you to develop a range of key professional skills much in demand by employers:
- Self-awareness – you’ll make better decisions and interact more effectively with others if you’re self-aware
- Presentation skills – learn the do’s and don’ts of an excellent PowerPoint presentation to support your communication skills
- Team working and team building – you’ll learn how to give positive feedback to group members, resolve conflicts and understand the importance of working as part of a team
- Career development – communication and behaviour assertiveness in organisations
- Improving productivity – time management and excelling in the workplace by understanding how to influence and build relationships
- Leadership, managing and coaching – understand the characteristics and behaviours of successful leaders and managers
- Running effective meetings – challenges and plans