HNC and HND students

HNC and HND students can apply for year one of all of our degrees (for some of our courses it could be year two or three). We usually ask for students to pass the whole course and obtain B’s or above in their graded units, with the exception of our Law degrees where we look for As.

Some of our degrees ask for specific subjects, so if you don't have these then you would have do to an HN course in that specific subject – e.g. a Science-based HN course for entry into our Biological and Environmental degrees. If you already have the subject requirements then your HN course can be in any subject, although we'd recommend you studied something in a related field to improve your study skills. Check our course pages for more details.

HNC and HND students might be able to choose whether to come into year one or get what is called advanced entry (or articulation) into year two or year three of some of our degrees. This depends on what you're currently studying at college and what you want to study at university. Mainly advanced entry would be into a degree in a related subject to your college course. The decision is yours, but we're here to help.

Advanced entry isn't possible for all degree courses so you should check to find out what's available before you apply. You can find out more on our Articulation pages or get in touch below with our Widening Participation Manager for advice.


Get in touch

You probably have loads of questions about coming to university. Just get in touch – we’re here to help.

UK and Europe Student Recruitment
2C3, Cottrell Building, Stirling, FK9 4LA

+44 (0) 1786 467046

Widening participation logo