Are you a widening access student?
As a widening access student, you are entitled to a range of support from the university. You can access support throughout your university journey: as an enquirer, an applicant and during your time studying with us, right through to graduation and beyond.
There a number of types of students who we would consider to be a widening access student. These include:
- you are from a priority postcode area (check your postcode below);
- you are involved in the Schools for Higher Education Programme (Aspire North, Focus West, LEAPS and Lift Off);
- you are a care experienced student;
- you are a young or adult carer;
- you are an estranged student;
- you are a refugee or asylum seeker;
- you are from the armed forces community;
- you are a student on the University of Stirling Access to Degree Studies Programme;
- you are a student on a SWAP access course (Scottish Wider Access Programme).
If you're not sure if your school is a member of the Schools for Higher Education Programme, then get in touch and we'll let you know. Email us at email@example.com.