How to apply for our full-time undergraduate degrees

UCAS application process

See the courses we have available

Use our course search to find your ideal course.

Register on UCAS website

Go to the UCAS Hub and complete the registration questions. Enter the year you want to start your course and that you're undertaking ‘Undergraduate’ level of study. You’ll go to your UCAS Hub dashboard, where you should click on the tile called ‘Your application’. Click ‘Start’ to begin your application.

Make your course choice

You can apply for up to five courses on your application. There’s no need to rank your choices, as universities don’t see your other choices. You don’t need to use all five choices and you can apply for several courses at the same university. UCAS has detailed advice on how to fill out your application.

Draft your UCAS personal statement

A personal statement generally takes the form of a short, reflective piece outlining why you've applied for your chosen course, and why you believe we should offer you a place to study on that course. See our guide to help you write a personal statement that'll make you shine.

Submit your UCAS application

The dealine for applying is 25 January 2023.

Make sure you use the correct UCAS codes. Our UCAS name is STIRL and our UCAS institution code is S75. UCAS course codes are found on our course pages.

The application fee for 2023 is £22.50 if you’re applying to just one course, or £27 for multiple courses and for late applications sent after 30 June.

You should make deferred applications through UCAS by the 2023 deadline for entry in September 2024.

Track your application

Use UCAS Hub to see any offers as soon as they’re made.

You'll get an email from us giving you access to our Applicant Portal within a few days of submitting your application.

Additional steps for Nursing, Social Work and Sport, Physical Education and Professional Education

If you’re applying for a Nursing course, you’ll need to attend an interview. Find out more on the Adult Nursing course page or the Mental Health Nursing page.

An interview is also part of the application process for the degree in Sport, Physical Education and Professional Education.

If you’re a Social Work degree applicant and your UCAS application is successful, you will be asked to submit an additional piece of written work. Learn more about the Social Work application process.

student in cafe

What happens next?

Our Admissions team will deal with your application to the University of Stirling. Find out more about how we make decisions on your application and how to deal with any offers you're made.

Additional application routes

January entry for full-time study 

For international students and students from England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland there’s an option to start your degree in January on some of our courses. Applications for January entry must be made directly to the University and not through UCAS. See what courses are available and apply.

Part-time study

This is an option on some undergraduate courses. Part-time study is not available for those who require a visa. For part-time study starting in September or January, you need to apply to us directly.

EU applicants 

If you have pre-settled or settled status living in Scotland or the UK, you may be eligible for “Home/Scottish” or “Rest of UK” (RUK) fee status. Fee status is assigned when you submit your application, and this can be checked with our Admissions team if you feel it is incorrect. For EU students who have a “Home/Scottish” fee status, all applications for September entry must be made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). If you require a Student Visa to study with us then you should refer to the International applicants information.

International applicants

All students can apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) for September entry but if you only want to apply to the University of Stirling, then you can apply directly. However, you must not use UCAS and a direct entry application form for the same entry point.

If you’re from the USA and you’re liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate and you’re not applying via UCAS or direct to us, then you can apply via the Common Application for September entry.

Forth Valley Integrated Degrees 

This applies only to the following degrees delivered jointly with Forth Valley College: 

If you would like to apply only for one of these integrated degree courses, you can use our direct application form (instead of completing a UCAS application for multiple course choices). Email us at with the name of the course you want to apply for, and we will send you a link to the direct application form. We can also help you to complete the form if you need.

If you would like further information or guidance, please contact Forth Valley College’s University Partnership Officer, Lisa Baxter at

Universities Scotland guarantee of fairness

The University is committed to ensuring fairness to those applying to study at Stirling in line with Universities Scotland guarantee of fairness when applying to a University in Scotland.