The University of Stirling and Strathclyde University have been awarded an AHRC Block Grant Partnership for 2011-13, for 19 studentships over 3 years. Studentships can be held at either the University of Stirling or the University of Strathclyde. There are opportunities for joint supervision of doctoral projects.
Applications for studentships are invited in the following eligible subject areas for 2011-12:
- Creative Writing: 1 Professional Preparation Masters award
- English Language & Literature: 1 Research Preparation Masters award
- History: 1 Research Preparation Masters award
- Journalism and Publishing Studies: 1 Professional Preparation Masters award
- Librarianship, Archives, Record Management and Information Science: 1 Doctoral and 1 Professional Preparation Masters award
The deadline for AHRC BGP studentship applications is Friday 10 June 2011, by which time applicants must also have made a full application for a place on a programme eligible for funding under the AHRC Block Grant Partnership.
Applicants will be informed whether they have been awarded a studentship under the AHRC BGP scheme by mid-July 2011.
Full details of eligible subject areas and programmes, and how to apply, can be found at: http://www.artsandhumanitiesconsortium.org.uk/Studentships.aspx