What types of careers appointments are on offer?
Need careers help specific to your subject?
Find out more about our dedicated faculty specific Careers and Employability Consultants.
Looking to discuss a quick query?
Our Quick Query appointments are perfect for you. Book a Quick Query via TARGETconnect.
Lasting 15 minutes, we'll give you confidential careers advice. We'll establish what you're looking to get from the meeting and agree what can be achieved in the time available. We'll also signpost you to other services if needed.
The support you receive could help with:
- Developing your CV, covering letter and applications
- Preparing for interviews and assessment centres
- Accessing careers information
- Identifying your next career steps
Looking for in-depth careers advice?
Our Guidance Appointments are ideal if you want more of a detailed discussion and in-depth careers advice.
What to expect
You’ll be referred for this type of appointment if you’d like further help following a Quick Query appointment. This type of appointment can only be arranged via referral. We’re here to give you as much careers guidance as you require. Your Consultant will establish with you what you’d like to achieve in the appointment time available. Discussions are confidential and impartial, and can last up to an hour, but if you feel you need more time you can ask for a follow up appointment. We’ll also signpost you to other services if needed.
Some areas we could cover with you include:
- Developing and improving your career management skills
- Reflecting on your skills, strengths, weaknesses, values and priorities
- Making informed career decisions
- Taking action – whether it’s making applications or preparing for interviews
- Finding career opportunities
To help you with your interview technique, we offer Mock Interview appointments.
What to expect:
Your mock-interview will last up to one hour. You can specify the areas and questions you’d like to concentrate
So that we can tailor the mock interview to your individual circumstances, we’ll ask you to upload the following documents and information to TARGETconnect three working days beforehand:
- a copy of your CV or application
- a copy of the job description and person specification
- type of interview
- details of the interview, for example, what it will involve, any additional interview stages and so forth
Students have access to Graduates First - giving you the opportunity to practice answering questions in a video
Stay up to date
Follow us for the latest information about what's going on in Careers and Employability.