My research is broadly concerned with the effects of environmental change on biodiversity and testing solutions to mitigate anthropogenic impacts. Much of this addresses questions relating to animal ecology and conservation in managed environments (e.g. urban, agricultural, forestry). Recent work includes ecological restoration projects, focussed on the use of a natural experiment approach to examine biodiversity responses woodland restoration in the UK over the past 150 years. To get a copy of any of my publications please email me or find me on ResearchGate.
• Head of Biological & Environmental Sciences - University of Stirling (2021 - )
• Professor - University of Stirling (2016 - )
• Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Ass. Prof - University of Stirling (2005 - 2016)
• Leverhulme Early Career Fellow - University of Stirling (2003 - 2005)
• Postdoctoral researcher - University of Stirling (1998 - 2003)
• DPhil - University of Bristol (1994 - 1998)
• BSc - University of Leeds (1991 - 1994)