LLB Law: Accelerated Graduate
Our two-year accredited course offers an entry route into the Scottish legal profession, enabling graduates to practise as a solicitor or work towards becoming an advocate in Scotland.
- Award LLB
- Start date September 2021
- Duration 24 months
- Mode of study Full-time, Campus based
- UCAS Code M115
Find out more about Changes at Stirling, including how you'll be taught, start dates and how we're making campus safer.
Our LLB will give you an in-depth knowledge and understanding of legal principles, theories, institutions and rules – as well as the wider social and political context in which law operates. This two-year course gives you a well-rounded qualification that can be your first step towards becoming a Scots lawyer or entering other prestigious professions. On completion, graduates wishing to become lawyers can apply for entry to the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice course.
The main objectives of this accelerated law degree are to help you:
- develop fundamental in-depth knowledge and understanding of,
- the principles, concepts, values, substantive rules and development of the Scottish legal system and core areas of Scots law
- the wider context within which the Scottish legal system operates
- the main institutions and procedures of the Scottish legal system
- develop intellectual rigour, independence of mind, critical thought and legal problem-solving and research skills to a highly advanced level, as well as more general transferable intellectual skills which are of value in the practice of Law and a wide range of careers
- gain the in-depth knowledge, understanding and independent research skills needed to progress to further studies in Law, or in multi-disciplinary areas involving law
- get the self-confidence, knowledge, understanding and skills that will provide added benefit to you as individuals, to the legal profession and to society as a whole
You’ll also develop your commercial awareness in a new module on the Business of Law which has been designed to enhance your employability. Spread over the duration of your degree, this module will draw on your own experience, external industry speakers and interactive seminars to enhance your business skills and develop entrepreneurship which is sought after by employers. It will culminate in a tailormade project on an area of legal business that interests you.
This LLB Law: Accelerated Graduate degree is accredited by The Law Society of Scotland and the Faculty of Advocates. Please note, further study is required beyond this course to practise as an advocate in Scotland.
Discover Uni provides official data on each university's undergraduate courses, including satisfaction scores from the National Student Survey, details of graduate jobs and salaries, and other key information for prospective students.
What our students said
LLB Law: Accelerated Graduate
Read Kirsten's storyI enjoyed my time at the Stirling Law School and am now a fully qualified solicitor working in infrastructure, planning and litigation. There is never a dull day in the job!
Read Steven's storyThe passion and knowledge of my lecturers and tutors appealed to the inquisitive side of my nature