Why work at Stirling
Working at Stirling goes far beyond the job offer. We offer a friendly community and great range of benefits to help you unlock your career potential and reach your ambition.
The University is located in the city of Stirling; the gateway to the Scottish Highlands. The 330-acre campus encompasses a loch and the 18th-century Airthrey Castle. It is undoubtedly one of the most attractive campuses in Europe; ranked 1st in the UK and 5th in the world for campus environment (UK International Student Barometer (ISB) Benchmark and Global ISB Benchmark 2018).
We're investing in our future, including through our recently completed Campus Central and Sports Centre developments, to further enhance our world-class living, learning, teaching and research environment.
Our benefits package
- Generous annual leave allowance, including closure over Christmas and New Year
- Membership of the Universities Superannuation Scheme, with generous employer contributions
- Psychology Kindergarten - offering childcare for children aged between 2 years 9 months and 5 years old. We welcome all children, including those of staff and students at the University and from the wider community.
- Staff discounts on a range of services, from online shopping to local services
- Savings on our affiliated cycle to work scheme
- Reduced membership rate at the University's excellent Sports Centre
We want you to fulfil your career and personal development.
You’ll benefit from:
Health and wellbeing
We provide a range of services and classes for your health and wellbeing.
- Our partner, NHS Fife, provides an occupational health service for staff.
- We provide excellent sports and gym facilities, including over 50 leisure and fitness classes at staff rates.
- Our Chaplaincy is a friendly, welcoming place.
A flourishing campus community
The University is situated on a beautiful 330-acre campus just outside the historic city of Stirling. The campus offers a peaceful yet stimulating environment with everything you need for a good work-life balance.
It boasts sports, academic, entertainment and cultural facilities as well as a loch, an Olympic-sized swimming pool and an 18-century castle. We also have an ongoing programme of events and talks available to staff.
Why work in Stirling
Stirling is located in the historic and geographical heart of Scotland with quick access to Scotland's two largest cities, Glasgow and Edinburgh, and beautiful wild scenery.
Both the city and the University share a friendly atmosphere and strong sense of community. In and around Stirling, you’ll find a rich variety of shops, bars, restaurants and entertainment, all at a lower cost of living than the UK average.