Access the University's policy on attendance.

Medical Certificates and Self Certification

You should be registered with a medical practice in the locality of your semester accommodation and you should register with a local doctor (GP) as soon as possible after your arrival at the University. There is a Medical Centre on campus with which you can register – most students choose to register here. Alternatively a list of GPs, dentists and opticians can be obtained directly from the NHS.

Current regulations require all students to submit a medical certificate when continuously absent due to illness for seven days or longer, and in all cases of absence from compulsory examinations and tests. The medical certificate should be submitted to studentprogrammes@stir.ac.uk

If you miss a compulsory class for any reason you should self-certify. If the missed class falls within an absence of less than seven days, a medical certificate is not required. Students should submit an electronic self-certification form, which can be found via the Student Portal.

If your absence through illness is prolonged and threatens to jeopardise your work, students on the Stirling Campus should consult with their Module Co-ordinator or Programme Director, or one of your Advisers of Study team.

Pre-Registration Health Sciences Students

Pre-registration students should refer to their Student Handbook for details of the absence policy. If you are on Clinical Placement then you must contact your placement provider first and then advise your School about your absence via the Student Portal and seek guidance at each Campus if required.

Further questions

If you have any questions regarding your student record please contact records.office@stir.ac.uk.