Getting Here on Foot
Our Stirling campus is a pleasant walk from both Stirling city centre and from Bridge of Allan. (If travelling to the University by train you can get off the train at either Stirling rail station – a better option if you intend to continue your journey to campus by bus or taxi - or Bridge of Allan station). Click the map icons right to view suggested routes.
Why Walk - Paths for All
Check out the weather forecast to see whether you’ll need to apply your sunscreen when you walk to campus.
On campus walks
Whilst walking represents a healthy and economical way of commuting to and from campus, there are a number of great walks in and around campus that students, staff and visitors can take during the day, to either keep fit or simply unwind from a stressful day. Click the map icons right to view suggested routes.
30 minutes a day of moderate activity is all you need to start feeling healthier – and it doesn’t need to be vigorous physical activity. Active people live longer and healthier lives than inactive people. Find out why it makes sense to start walking to, from and around the University campus.
Stirling Rail Station – University of Stirling (Approx 40 minutes walk)
- On exiting Stirling Rail station turn right and follow Goosecroft Road until its junction with Wallace Street.
- Turn right into Wallace Street (you will pass a large Tesco Store on your right).
- At end of Wallace Street follow the underpass footpath and then cross the historic Old Stirling Bridge over the River Forth. Carry straight on until you reach the pelican crossing at the junction of Cornton Road/Causewayhead Road.
- Cross over at the crossing and then proceed straight along Causewayhead Road (A9), passing under the railway bridge and, on the right, the entrance to Stirling County Rugby Club.
- Continue straight on up Causewayhead Road until reaching the Causewayhead roundabout.
- Turn left at the Causeway head roundabout and follow the path along until reaching the pelican crossing at Wallace High School where you should cross to the pavement at opposite side of the road.
- Continue on the A9. Thereafter you can opt to either access the University via:
- the entrance to the Scottish Institute of Sport (quite a steep climb, with the University’s sports facilities on your left) which takes you out opposite the main Cottrell Building car park
- the University’s main entrance (accessed by continuing past the turn off for the Scottish Institute of Sport). At the main entrance you should cross over the road to access the footpath which runs from the main entrance to the campus itself.
Bridge of Allan Rail Station – University of Stirling (Approx 25 minutes walk)
- On alighting from your train make your way up to the A9 main road (road bridge crosses over the railway line).
- Once on the main road, turn right and make your way into the town of Bridge of Allan.
- Cross the road at the pelican crossing, located at the Allanwater Café, and then continue to make your way through the town. Follow this route all the way through the town and out the other side.
- The main entrance to the University of Stirling is located approximately one mile after leaving Bridge of Allan
Campus Leisure Routes
There are a range of walks on the scenic campus at Stirling. View more information on Medal Routes