Undergraduate tuition fees

The cost of studying at the University of Stirling depends on where you live and the course you choose. The fee for each course can be found on the appropriate course page.

What do tuition fees cover?

Your University fees cover all your teaching, examinations, and enrolment as a student.

We confirm what fees you’ll pay after you submit your application. Your fee status will fall into one of four categories if you’re planning to study a full-time undergraduate degree course (excluding nursing):

  1. Scotland
  2. England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland
  3. European Union (EU)
  4. Overseas (non-EU)

If you are a Nursing student please see our section on Nursing degree tuition fees.


If you’re a Scottish student, you won’t have to pay tuition fees. The Scottish Government pays these on your behalf through the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS). You must apply for this funding every year.

If you’ve had fees paid for a previous degree, or you’re repeating part of a course, you may have to contribute to the fee cost. Please contact SAAS for advice.

England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland

If you live in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, your fee status will be Rest of UK (RUK).

You’ll pay £9,250 per year for the first three years of your undergraduate degree. To pay for these costs, you can apply for a tuition fee loan through your relevant funding body. When you successfully progress to fourth year, you’ll be awarded an Honours Scholarship covering the full cost of the fees for your final year.

Funding bodies

Students who have previously completed an undergraduate degree, generally will not be able to qualify for government support for a second undergraduate degree. This includes the tuition fee loan and the maintenance loan.

European Union (EU)

The Scottish Government has confirmed that EU students enrolling in the 2020/21 academic year will be entitled to free tuition fees in Scotland. EU students will retain that status for the duration of their four year degree.

The UK Government have announced that EU students starting their course in September 2021 onwards will be classified as international students, as the UK will have left the EU.

At Stirling, we wish to support our EU students who are affected by this change in fee status through this transition.  Please see undergraduate funding for more details.

Overseas (non-EU)

Studying at a UK University can be great value for money. UK degrees are usually shorter and more intensive than in the US and Australia.

If you live outside the EU, you’ll pay an annual tuition fee dependent on the course you choose.

For specific course fees for your degree, visit the appropriate course page. 

For fees and funding support please visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.

Undergraduate management school student, BSc Management

Scholarships and funding opportunities

You can get help with your tuition fees and living costs at University. If you have the talent, ability and drive to study with us, then we’ll do our best to help you succeed - regardless of your financial circumstances.
Get more information