Food and Drink
Fancy a bite to eat? Stirling and the surrounding area is full of delicious foodie options.
In the Stirling city centre, you will find lots of familiar brands and nationwide chains, including Nando's, Black Rooster and Monterey Jack's. Or you can catch up over a coffee at Caffè Nero, Toast, Costa or Cisco's.
Take a stroll down Henderson Street in nearby Bridge of Allan and take your pick from a bunch of cosy and friendly cafés, including Friend of Mine, The Hideaway Café and Ciao. Make sure you check out The Allanwater Café, which is famous for its fish and chips. No matter what you're craving, whether it be Chinese, Italian or Indian, you will find it here.
Stirling also has many lively bars and pubs, ideal for catching up with friends between your studies. Stirling's traditional Scottish pubs offer a warm welcome with open fires, real ale and craft beer. Closer to campus, Bridge of Allan's pubs and bars are a vibrant mix of old and new, ranging from contemporary bars to beer gardens. The town also boasts a microbrewery, where you can treat yourself to a tour.
Hungry for more? Then jump on a train and explore even more mouthwatering foodie experiences in Scotland's central belt. From bustling street food markets to world-famous whisky distilleries, there's something to satisfy every craving.
Top 5 foodie experiences in Stirling...
- Catch up with a friend over coffee in one of Bridge of Allan's cosy cafés
- Pick up some local produce at Stirling Farmers Market
- Skip the meat at one of the city's many vegan-friendly eateries
- Go on a tour of Allanwater Brewhouse's microbrewery
- Eat a churro arch bigger than your head at Churros 'n' Chill
... and beyond
- Explore the thriving bar and restaurant scene in Ashton Lane, Glasgow's West End
- Discover the story behind one of the country's finest whiskies at Deanston Distillery
- Taste the best of Scotland's larder at the Bonnie & Wild food hall in Edinburgh's St James Quarter
- Sample scrumptious street food at The Dockyard Social
- Sip and savour tempting cocktails for less during Edinburgh Cocktail Week