In Stirling city, you'll find a multiplex cinema and live arts venues like The Albert Halls and the Tolbooth. Over the centuries, the Tolbooth building has served as a courthouse, a jail and even the Scottish Parliament during James VI's reign. Now it's a thriving centre for live theatre, music and comedy.
The Smith Art Gallery and Museum is a must-visit for history fans. It's the best place to learn about the local area's history through the museum's fascinating collection, which includes the oldest curling stone in the world.
Top 5 arts and cultural experiences in Stirling...
... and beyond
- Experience the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the largest arts festival in the world
- Fall under the spell of The Kelpies at Helix Park
- Explore one of Europe's greatest art collections at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Step inside Charles Rennie Macintosh's Oak Room at the V&A Dundee
- Go street art spotting on Glasgow's Mural Trail